As the owner of an agency that gives e-book reviews and operates an e-book contest, I’ve long been conscious that many bogus contests and reviewers are out there. I’ve also promoted weblog tours for authors, and I firmly consider that having your personal blog and being a guest on someone else’s blog is a great way to get the word out about your ebook. But now, not all blogs and bloggers are created the same, and worse, some are not very sincere.
Recently, I have become privy to a new trend amongst bloggers to provide giveaways to their readers. Sadly, lots of these purported giveaways are scams, or at a minimum, they are now not absolutely sincere or supplying what they claim they will offer for the book’s author. Following are a few examples and pointers to comply with before imparting your ebook to bloggers supplying giveaways.
READ MORE :
- How to Create a WordPress Blog For Your Internet Business Opportunity
- Importance of Blogging and 10 Ways of Increasing Targeted Traffic
- Blogger Templates: Making It Easier to Put Up Your Blog Site
- WordPress Blogging Tips to Help You Get Started
- Do You Want to Know the Six Easy Steps Into Your First Investment Property?
First, let’s look at the book giveaway method and encourage bloggers to provide an everyday e-book giveaway. The blogger requests authors and regularly different owners of numerous products to ship them the products to assess them. Next, they examine the book or use the product and write a evaluation of the product, posting the product statistics on their blog. They then ask humans to submit their names via a few digital shapes or through email for a random drawing for a giveaway of the product. The product is then mailed to the winner. Sounds simple sufficient.
But it’s clearly greater complex than that. The blogger isn’t always going to undergo all these paintings without getting something in to go back. Often, the blogger will publish a picture of the product with a link to in which it may be purchased, which include an online bookshop that now not only sells the product however additionally has a referral software where the blogger gets a commission on all products offered whilst humans click on-via from the blogger’s website online to the seller’s web page and purchase the product.
That is even reasonable, and there may be nothing incorrect with human beings being paid for his or her work. However, the possibility of unethical and scamming behavior comes in various, now and again small, however nonetheless extreme ways. Before you publish your e-book to a blogger, here are some things to watch out for:
1. FTC Disclosure-It is the law now that anyone who receives an income while she or he endorses a product ought to expose that in advance. A legitimate internet site will have an FTC disclosure announcement that the proprietor is receiving a commission (whether via click-thru or the direct fee with the aid of the author or product owner) for promoting the paintings. That does not suggest the blogger is dishonest in supplying a great overview of the product. In truth, if the FTC disclosure is there, it’s a perfect sign the blogger believes in being sincere approximately the product. If the FTC disclosure isn’t always there, do not take part.
2. Product Reviews-Before you ship your ebook to a person to study it, examine the past reviews at the website. Many bloggers (and ebook reviewers) declare that they review books whilst, in fact, they genuinely copy the product description because it appears at the author’s or a web bookstall’s website, or they reproduce the lower back cowl description and publish that as an overview. That isn’t always a valid book overview because it no longer reflects the blogger’s personal opinion of the ebook. It is an excellent sign the blogger failed even to hassle read the e-book to determine whether it deserves to be endorsed. The blogger is actually seeking to get as many products featured on the weblog as feasible, so greater commission may be earned.
3. Multiple Copies-If bloggers request more than copies of the book, it’s not likely they need the books for review or giveaway. Understandably, the blogger would possibly want an e-book to examine, after which any other to ship to the giveaway winner. However, it is a lot more realistic for the blogger to request the simplest reproduction and then, after the giveaway’s winner is known as, request that the writer, in my view, send the winner an autographed reproduction. If a blogger requests more than two copies, it’s probably the blogger is amassing stock to resell-perhaps to a nearby used book shop, or perhaps at an online keep, thereby making an income off copies of books he did not pay for and that the author thought might receive away.
Four. Drawing Results-An honest blogger strolling an ebook giveaway will disclose the names of the winners, even though for privateness’s sake, it might simply say Amanda W., Syracuse, NY or George T, Salt Lake City, UT. What is suspicious is not giving any indication that there are winners.
If you’re still uncertain whether to post your e-book to a blogger’s e-book giveaway, contact the authors of some of the preceding giveaways and ask them whether or not it helped them or they ever heard from any of the readers. If the blogger is walking a legitimate contest and offers the author the e-mail and mailing cope with the giveaway winner, you can touch the man or woman and relax confident that your book is going where it should. If the blogger is mailing out the copies himself, you don’t have proof the books are being mailed out. In reality, I’ve heard from a few authors who have participated in such giveaways a couple of instances that they have got never acquired a thank you or any remarks from the folks who supposedly obtained their books. While no longer receiving comments isn’t necessarily a signal of dishonesty, while you do acquire comments, it signals that the whole thing is functioning as it should.
Will an e-book giveaway assist sell your e-book and come up with publicity? It may want to if the blog receives several traffic, and if the blogger absolutely is gifting away the books, you can, as a minimum, locate one new fan. The blogger of the route might also let you know how the weblog receives tens of heaps of perspectives. If that is genuine, it is incredible because then quite a few human beings will hear approximately your ebook. If they are interested and do no longer win it within the giveaway, they will buy it with any luck.
If you do get scammed, you’ll simplest lose out on the costs of the few books you supply away, but that stated, no one wants to be scammed, so do some research earlier than deciding to provide away your books, and you may rest assured that the readers whom you need your books to reach can be those taking advantage of the e-book giveaway rather than solely a blogger who is out to make money without ethics.